The mission of Muse of the Week is to be inspired and empowered by fabulous and fierce artists who’s music enhances our confidence and connects us to the limitless power within ourselves.
Hello is it me you’re looking for?
Yes, Adele. Yes it is.
This week, we’ll be strutting our stuff in life and biz with our girl Adele.
Her music is a mix of soul power, tender sweetness and emotional transparency.
Her strength, her vulnerability and her authenticity is incredibly empowering!
Follow Muse of The Week on my social media! FB & Insta #MuseOfTheWeek
5 Reasons Adele is our Muse of the Week:
- Her mom is her best friend:Her mother is still her closest friend, and current roommate. Adele credits her with turning her on to Mary J. Blige, Lauryn Hill and Alicia Keys.
- She has an alter ego to boost her confidence:Meet Sasha Carter – a composite of Beyoncé’s alter ego Sasha Fierce and June Carter. “I was about to meet Beyoncé,” she says, “and I had a full-blown anxiety attack. Then she popped in looking gorgeous, and said, ‘You’re amazing! When I listen to you I feel like I’m listening to God.’ Can you believe she said that?” Later, “I went out on the balcony crying hysterically, and I said, ‘What would Sasha Fierce do?’ That’s when Sasha Carter was born.”
- She loves her body as is:One thing that Adele says she isn’t anxious about is her weight. It’s fluctuated throughout her life, but she says she doesn’t diet or work out. “My life is full of drama, and I don’t have time to worry about something as petty as what I look like,” she says. “I don’t like going to the gym. I like eating fine foods and drinking nice wine. Even if I had a really good figure, I don’t think I’d get my tits and ass out for no one. I love seeing Lady Gaga’s boobs and bum. I love seeing Katy Perry’s boobs and bum. Love it. But that’s not what my music is about. I don’t make music for eyes, I make music for ears.”
- She was/is a huge Spice Girls fan!Adele said people often think she isn’t serious about this, but she is: She really loves the Spice Girls because they inspired her as powerful female role models. She said “It was really a massive part of my life when the whole Girl Power thing happened.”
- She’s a mum and she breaks records! She’s very private about her family life, but from what we know she’s a single mum to a little boy. That doesn’t stop her though, she shows us that you can be a mother and pursue your dreams! Here are the records she’s broken with her latest album so far.
And…. she’s hilarious!
My husband and I have watched this at least a dozen times!
Let’s bring our strength and our badass selfs to this week!